Let's see where friendship leads...

Getting to know people over the Internet can be difficult. In some ways it takes more time than developing a relationship where you can just say, "Hey, let's go out to lunch".

Right now, I'm not in a huge rush to move things forward into anything other than developing friendships and seeing where they lead. We are just beginning our search, we are looking for someone with whom we plan to spend the rest of our lives. I'm not looking for right now, I'm looking for always.

That means we are going to take our time and get it right. I don't think anyone we are talking to should close themselves off from talking to other families. I don't think we are anywhere near that stage with anyone.

Let's just see where friendship leads, let's not rush.

3 comments:

  1. That is very sound judgement, M. Forming those deep friendships is key. A lifetime commitment shouldn't be rushed, but savored.

    Enjoy your journey, and blessings to the friends you make along the way!

    ~D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you D,

    I know some have taken that to mean that somehow I'm not serious and that couldn't be further from the truth... I feel this way BECAUSE we are serious..

    Blessings, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always had this theory..If God brought together my husband and I, surely he will bring number two and three. It seems that people seem to take their time with finding wife number one and then rush to find two and three. There is no need for that. Number two takes just as much time to get to know and see if she is the right fit and a blessing for the family.

    In Love
    ChristianFundymom

    ReplyDelete