I'm not picking your pocket, nor am I breaking your leg.


On our journey, I've come across all kinds of people. From those who email you just to tell you they don't agree with what you're doing, other families searching, women searching for families, to haters who aren't just sharing their opinion, but are down right abusive. And then there are people interested in what we are doing and want to know more, people writing papers, etc.

I've made some great friends, each one means a lot to me. I'm still in touch with some of them, others I lost contact with when I was absent. I'm glad to be back and working on my blog again. We always seem to have a lot going on and busy, as happens when you have a busy family. I plan on sharing more of what we are doing on a regular basis, so that you can get to know us better.

Recently, I made a new friend. I have to say, we have had a lot of fun getting to know each other; we laugh and often finish each others sentences. She's very easy to talk to and I find myself looking forward to talking to her and so does Scott. I don't really know where things will lead. We have a great deal in common, but right now it is far too early to say this person is anything other than a friend. Her life is not ready for anything serious at the moment, there are some loose ends, but who knows what the future holds.

I would say all in all, the people I have come across far outweigh those that are negative. Even if there are times when there is more hate mail in my box than positive, those that are positive over ride anything negative. Perhaps I do wear my heart on my sleeve. Yet, I'm not going to change who I am or what I want out of life because of the negativity of others. What I can't believe is that I actually allowed the negativity of others to keep me from sharing here on my blog. Doing so only allows those haters to control you, perhaps that is their real motive. Control.

What a sad existence one must have to have nothing better to do than to try and upset others. You have a right to your opinion, but you don't have the right to share it in a degrading, insulting way. The truth is that I don't care if you agree with our search or not. As long as what I am doing does not hurt you in any way, you really have no right to dictate my life. One of our founding Fathers, Thomas Jefferson once said, "If it It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." In other words, people have the right to live the lives of their choosing as long as it didn't hurt others. Our search for another soul mate does not hurt you, nor am I asking you to pay for it.

Think of it this way, I have the freedom (ie. right) to swing my arm if I want to, but I don't have the right to swing my arm and injure you. Do you see my point? It doesn't effect you, its our lives, its our marriage. Some are worried that its against God's law, thank you for your concern for my soul, but my relationship and my actions are between God and I. Again, it does not concern you.

You are free to express your opinion, I have no problem with that. But you don't have the freedom to bully, call names, insult my intelligence, slander or make up assumptions about my marriage. Got it? I won't allow you to degrade me on my own blog, your words will not be published, they will not be taken to heart. Opinions are welcome, abuse is not.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I'm open to meeting new friends and new people. I love doing so, but I am not going to let the bullies effect my behavior anymore. I'm not going anywhere, I'm not going to change who I am or what I want because you don't agree. While I am always willing to respectfully hear the other side of the debate, I'm not going to publish blatant harassing comments.

I'm not picking your pocket, nor am I breaking your leg. I'm standing or I should say, we are standing on our own feet. We are united in our decision to feel that this is where God is leading us and this is what is right for our family.

2 comments:

  1. Well said sweetie. If we are not hurting anyone or taking anyones money leave ALL of us alone. We are just normal people with more love to share than the average person/couple.

    The world can call us names, persecute us, make us look like monsters but we all know we are just caring and loving people. They give us grief because they are jealous of our love for our fellow person. They are jealous because they have not achieved the tranquility in their lives and relationships as we all have in ours. That peace and tranquility is why we are able to share our relationships and welcome a sister wife/wives into our marriages.

    To all the haters out there. We hear you yes. But we will not let you hurt us!! Most of us are in this because of some sort of calling from GOD. It is HE who will judge us and if punishment is warranted it will be from him. But those of us who are doing it from the heart and for the right reasons, I see not any reason why GOD will punish us. We are not taking child brides, forcing women to marry us and we are not doing it to scam our Government out of money and benefits. We are just normal people with more to give and share in this lifetime.....You hate out of jealousy but remember we do not hate back!!!!

    ReplyDelete